Friday, August 29, 2008

What a beautiful dream!

Last week I woke up in a house in Peachland, North Carolina from the most beautiful dream. I've heard how people sell tapes that you play while you sleep and when you awake your smarter, nicer, or better in some way or another. Well, I awoke from my dream with the ability to speak in pretty good Spanish. Believe it or not it's true.
My dream was beautiful, horrible, exciting, boring, difficult and yet easy. I dreamed at first I was in a strange country surrounded by strange people with unusual customs and langauge. Then suddenly they transformed before me into a beautiful and generous people with a language no longer mysterious, but powerful and lovely. I gave my heart and my frenship to many of them and today I am sad that I am not still in the land of my dream, though I am so very thankful for the journey and that little stretch of road that I like to call "language school". If ever the faculty or staff of ILE read this blog know that you have my deepest heart felt thanks for you love, patience and skillfull labors. with tears of joy and rememberance, Shay "Santiago" Griffin

No comments: