Friday, August 29, 2008

My "heart" language

Among missionaries there is often a distinction drawn bettween languages a person knows and there "heart language". Heart language is the language your born into and therefore the one that most deeply touches who you are. This is the reason why good people like the Wycliffe Bible translators work so hard to translate the Bilble so that people can read God's word in that language which most profoundly touches there lives.
Last Sunday I was rather disinterested in the worship service though it was my first in a year in English. Then, I began to sing the songs by translating them into Spanish. suddenly my heart swelled and tears came to my eyes and I felt the Spirit washing over my heart. I asked the Lord to help me to feel His Spirit in my "heart language" too. (thinking English) The responce which came to my spirit was "I did! You've given your heart to Spanish and the Hispanic people I've called you to serve." It is, now, the "language of my heart" though it is not my "heart language" from a tecnical standpoint.
Shay "Santiago"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautifully said! I miss you guys so much! I pray all is well - sounds like it is. Looks like Gustuv made a close fly-by near the D.R. missed us here, but we are getting beautiful weather because of it. Love you guys!

Unknown said...

Where are you guys?!