Thursday, July 17, 2008

Grace Livingston Hill


I don't know how I have missed this great Author all my life, but I have. My best friend Kelly suggested them and I am in love! Here in Costa Rica it is not easy to find a book in English especially older books, so I turned to the web and found a website with some books online and I printed out a short one, The Mystery of Mary and read it in a weekend. Then I had Shay check the library at school and they have about 6 of her books so he brought me Head of the House - read it in 3 days. So he will be getting me another today. I can't put my finger on what I like about them so much except that the characters act like I would like to act and how I would like my children to act. The characters inspire me. I can't wait to get the next one.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm a link!!

And a BEST FRIEND~~~

Wow, what a day!!!

:-)

Love,
Kelly

Jennifer Malone Rodriguez said...

Kelly Quinn!! Send me your email address!! I've been trying to track you down since I had my daughter almost 6 months ago!!!

Unknown said...

have you read any more glh books? I'm reading one now - Rose Galbraith. It started kinda slow for me - with the ugly - and has now moved to the pretty!!! :-)