Thursday, March 6, 2008

We got a little more than we paid for

Every week we go to la feria (farmer's market) to get our fruits and vegetables. Things are usually still dirty because the were just picked the day before. It is nice to have such fresh food, but, we have to soak our food in bleach water (a few drops to a gallon of water) because of the dirt and sometimes bugs. This Sunday I was getting some lettuce out to wash and this bag had been in our refriderator for A WEEK! I opened the bag and this was staring at me!
I threw the bag across the dining room and screamed! It was slow moving I guess because of the cold temperture. The kids had a blast with him until Shay released him. Needless to say we didn't have salad that night!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OOOh gross!!! :-)

Unknown said...

That's pretty cool! Can you imagine finding that in the states? Oh the joys of living here :-) - but you do have to admit - the fresh veggies/fruit is awesome!

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

That is hilarious! I know you don't know me but I read an email about you needing some homeschooling supplies. It sounds like the Lord is doing mighty things in your lives. Glory! I will stop by your blog and see what your family is doing. Bless your steps!