Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My First Quilt

I am addicted! I went to a quilting class last Thursday and by last night I had finished the center of the quilt and I need the do the border, backing and edging. This was a very simple quilt - 9 squares which had 3 pieces each and then you sew the 9 squares together. I have done it all by hand (no sewing machine here). I have to say I have enjoyed doing it by hand and think I will do the next one by hand as well. This one was to remind me of Costa Rica - the reason for the bright colors and it is just something to put on the couch to cuddle with. All of the quilts I make will be USED not put up. Being here this year without our Stuff has taught me something. I don't want to put away the things I love, I want to use them, I want to make memories with them. My next quilts will be one for each of the kids - I think I am going to use the same pattern and let the kids pick out the material. I'll post a picture of this one when it is completed.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! THE COLORS LOOK SO MUCH LIKE YOU!!!! I can't believe you did it all by hand!!!

Post the pictures when you get it all finished too!!!

Kelly

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!!! THE COLORS ALL LOOK SO MUCH LIKE YOU~~~

I can't believe you did it all by hand!

Post more pictures when you have it all completed!

Kelly

Unknown said...

You go girl!!!!! I've quilted for YEARS, and let me just say that my first quilt doesn't even compare to yours! That's awesome! I love it! Wish I could share in your endeavors! Maybe when I get to Honduras - maybe when I do we will have to swap pics and ideas :-)

The McClain's said...

Gwyn,
The quilt is beautiful! Where do you have your quilting class at?

Saw your hubby today...we all need to get together soon!

Love,
Brooke :)