Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Random Happenings



This is Sierra's new bed - which is over 100 years old. This was the bed (headboard/footboard) that my mama tapp (my dad's mom) was born on!! She would have been 93 this April.


Sierra and I are very blessed to have a master barber living in our house! Our hair is finally long enough to braid!!


School has begun! We got this table and great doublesided bookcase for free! In Marshville the schools auction off their old stuff and after the auction anything left in the yard is free!! You have got to love our crayon holders - pear cans and my filing systems for our ABC's - a shoe box! You learn to be resourceful!! Also notice, in the DR it is OK to come to school barefooted!!

I am so glad to have my tea stuff!! It has been packed up in my mom's attic for over 2 years!! I missed it sooooo much! The top shelf is Shay's grandmothers china, the 2nd shelf is part of my teacup collection and the 3rd shelf is a set that my in-laws brought back from England!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, yeah!! It's so fun to see you with all your stuff!!

I'm glad you are letting your hair grow out. It's always so pretty!!

I love the school table!! Makes me think of the Jon and Kate Plus 8 show - they had one when the kids were little for meals.

Yeah, tea stuff!!! :-)

Unknown said...

It's so good to see you getting to open all your stuff. How much more unpacking do you have?

I love the homeschool table. It makes me think of the Jon and Kate Plus Eight show. They had one when the kids were little for meals.

I'm glad you are letting your hair grow out. It looks so pretty long.

Yeah!!! Tea stuff!!! :-)

Have you had a tea in school yet?

Unknown said...

Hey, did you see the post I did with Brenda's braiding? She's getting good.


http://kellyquinn.blogspot.com/2009/01/french-braid.html