Monday, September 24, 2007

Mama Tapp


This is my Mama Tapp (my daddy's mom). She is very sick and has been placed in a Hospice home. I am going home to see her this week. She has always been such an inspiration to me. She is a hard worker, a prayer warrior and tranquila. Tranquila is a word that we have learned is necessary for life in Costa Rica. It means calm, tranquil, relax - and that is the only way to live here. Mama Tapp doesn't get upset about much and she is always sure things are going to work out. She has encouraged me many times to not worry and things would work out and they always have. I had the pleasure of living in her house for a few years before we had the kids and I will always treasure that time. I have so many great memories of the time I spent there as a kid. One of the words that she always used is "Precious". When you ask any of my kids about Mama Tapp they will say "Precious". I love her and am very glad I am going to be able to spend some time with her.

No comments: